could it be. one year ago today, october 25th i moved to portland, oregon. GULP. i moved here on a house sit. that said, today i start house/cat(s) sit #2 in three back-to-back house sits that i set up for myself for the month of october. today's house/cat(s) sit will be for 22 days in vancouver, washington and #3 house/dog/parrot sit will be during thanksgiving holiday week back in northeast portland.
on thursday i put all of my things in a 5x8 storage unit. i will spare you all of the 'in between' of that decision. it's been both a hard year yet a great year. i simply wanted to share my year with you in 'photos' and a simple recap of what i have managed to do in one year. photos that simply resonated in my mind for each month and how i would describe it. hope you enjoy and thanks for letting me share with you.
fall in Oregon lasted a LONG time, it was awesome
St. Nick's Christmas Tree Farm - Oregon City, Oregon
silver falls state park - one of my FAVORITE 'waterfall' state parks
cannon beach on oregon coast - kristy's 1st visit
advanced screen printing class - my 2nd class
oregon coast - one of my many trips for respite and renewal
sydney, australia - business and pleasure trip
st. johns bridge - my FAVORITE bridge in Portland
chicago - business trip
climbed beacon rock - part of training for mount st. helens
climbed mount st. helens on my birthday
autumn in St. Johns - where i lived for 6 months
and the year in review.......
settled into first house sit - have had the pleasure of doing the same house/dog/chicken sit several more times as well as other house/cat/dog/chicken sits. names of chickens: rosie and toops at one location. bianca, merdle, judy, mohawk, buns, shino, and coco at another location. and finally at yet another location: patsy kline, dolly parton, loretta lynn, emmylou harris and june carter cash. i PROMISE i'm not making that up. and YES, i have been referred to as the chicken wrangler. dogs: rusty, izzy and precious. cat: clarence
- my first time on NBC's Grimm Season '1' - many additional set calls for Season 1
- chopped down my own holiday tree
- beginner screen printing class - 1st class
- business trip to anaheim
- silver falls state park - was rescued by strangers that took me back to the trailhead after dark
- kristy's 1st visit - friend from denver
- screen printing advanced - 2nd class
- start volunteer work
- PBS Ohio filming
- move to st. johns
- business trip to australia
- Aussie TV filiming
- 1st ever strain of strep throat a day post aussie travel, which i feel the need to document because i survived it but just barely.
- special invite to come back to Grimm - Season '2' - many additional set calls for Season 2
- 2nd visit from kristy and new ink - friend from denver - birds on a cherry blossom branch
- 1st permit for mount st helens - 'gifted' permit to a friend because of strep illness
- business trip to chicago
- oregon's brewer festival - the festival that we attended 12 years ago - the same festival where i declared i would live in portland one day - so here i am.
- The A-List - my very first time on the set of an independent film - cast as a school faculty member
- avram and nikki visit - friends from denver
- The Curio - my 2nd time on the set of an indie film - cast as a hipster - i know RIGHT.
- my 44th birthday - thank goodness i made it to 44
- 2nd mount st. helens pemit - climbed mount st. helens on my birthday
- lost two toe nails post mount st. helens climb - thankfully that was all i lost
october 2012 (current month):
- becky visit - friend from denver - spent most of our days in seaside, oregon
- C.O.G. a David Sedaris feature - 3rd time on the set of an indie film - cast as factory worker
- scheduled three back-to-back house sits from oct 15 - nov 24
- put all of my things in a 5x8 storage unit
- couch surfing - 3 nights thanks to AMAZING friends Jess & Rich who took me in
- start a 22 day house sit in Vancouver today
and that's all she wrote.
let the next year begin.....
ready, set, GO.